Friday, August 3, 2012

Philippians 3:17-21


Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I've warned you of them many times; sadly, I'm having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ's Cross. But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites. But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.
{Philippians 3:17-21}

In these verses Paul is wanting the Philippians to use his way of living as an example of how to live. He wants them to focus on people who are after the same thing they are: living for Christ. When I first read these verses it made me think about my 7th grade girls that I lead at church. We are always talking about the difference between making wise choices and making foolish choices. We also talk about how to choose between wise and foolish friends. Even though my girls at 12 and 13 years old we could all use a little lesson between wise and foolish.

There are so many things in this world that are vying for our attention. There is pressure everywhere to conform to the things of this world. We see friend after friend straying away from church and falling further and further into a pit of bad choices.

Living in a college town that is more known for their parties and downtown scene than anything else it can get hard to keep fighting the good fight. There have been plenty of times when I just want to throw in the towel and conform and just be like everyone else. But then verses like this come into my head and I remember that I am citizen of high heaven and there is WAY more life for me than for people who are caught up in the world.

Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going out {I go downtown often!} but what I am saying is that you have to remember that yes, it may seem easier to just go with what the world is doing BUT it is way more rewarding to go with what Christ wants you to do. Surround yourself with people who want the same things out of life. Get involved in a community of authentic believers who will hold you accountable in areas that may cause temptation. Be aware of where you are weak and allow people to come into your life to help you. 

"He will make you beautiful and whole."

xO





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment