Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Because of His love and our faith...

I don't know about y'all but one of the things that I've really been having a hard time with over the last year or so is just having PEACE. I feel like I'm always planning my future and not living in the now. Up until recently I have just been in a place of discontentment. Just waiting for graduation. Just waiting to get engaged. Just waiting, waiting waiting. BUT WHAT AM I WAITING FOR? I only get one shot at this life and I would really hate to look back when I'm older and think to myself that I didn't fully live out my life because I was always constantly worrying about the future.

But what I've come to realize over the last few months is that God has my future, and he has yours too. We just have to find a place of PEACE and believe that He will take care of us. Because of His love and our faith in Him we can have peace. no matter where we are in our lives. even in the darkest, scariest, most awful times of our life we can have peace. One of my FAVORITE bible verses is in 1 Corinthians ch. 7 verse 17 [the message], it says "And don't be wishing you were some place else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there." I'm not sure there could be a verse that paints a better picture for us about peace. 

Life is scary and hard and just plain dumpy sometimes.. but when your best friends with the God of the Universe you have peace that no one can take from you. 


So this week as you think about the areas in your life that you don't feel peaceful, remember this verse...

Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you.", we can boldly quote, "God is there; ready to help; I'm F E A R L E S S, no matter what. Who or what can get to me?"~Hebrews 13:5 [The Message]


and here's a little video for you that I think perfectly illustrates having PEACE in God's plan for our lives. "All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have reason to worship." 



Jamie


1 comment: