Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on God and HIS timing

Have you ever heard, "good things come to those who wait"? This statement is so true in all aspects of our lives, especially when it comes to God's timing. I think that learning to have patience is a struggle for everyone, but once you learn how to be patient it makes life so much easier. 
I (Savannah) can remember when I was little and I couldn't wait for my birthday. I would be so excited for my party and it would be all I thought about for weeks. One particular year, my parents had a huge Barbie cake made for my party. I thought that it was so amazing and I couldn't wait to show everyone. Well, my little 7 year old self decided I was going to take matters into my own hands and pick up that big Barbie cake to show everyone. How do you think that turned out? Yep, it fell flat on the floor and along with the cake, I was absolutely crushed. 
Now, what if I would have waited on my parents to help me? What would have happened if I would have been patient and let them hold the cake? The outcome would have been much prettier, I can promise you!
Well, our relationship with God is very similar. Are there times in your life when you want to take matters into your own hands? I know that for me, it is something I struggle with often. Many times I think that I know what's best for me and I don't take the time to wait on the Lord. However, I have found that the outcome is never fully satisfying. Only God and His plan can satisfy your desires, dreams, and plans. Without Him working in your life, you will never be 100% happy with how life is going. In the end, if you try to take matters in your own hands, your cake will be crushed. 
So, how do you keep from dropping your cake? 
WAIT ON GOD AND HIS PERFECT TIMING!
I want you to think of something in your life that is causing you to be inpatient. It could be a relationship, a job, future plans, etc.
How is it going? Are you getting frustrated? Do you find yourself living only in the future and not enjoying the present that God gives you each day?
If this is you, I want to encourage you to give it over to God. Pray that He will fill you up with patience about the situation and allow Him to take control. Allow Him to take the cake out of your hands so you don't drop it. I can guarantee that it will take such a burden off of you and you will be able to start enjoying the present and stop worrying about the future. If we all start waiting on His timing and forget our own, big things will take place! He is going to begin to work things out in your life that you couldn't do yourself. You just have to be willing to wait. Good things come to those who wait. It's that simple friends.

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

 ----------------------------------------
Savannah

2 comments:

  1. This is a really fabulous post- so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love this photo and the reminder to wait upon Him. this blessed me a lot.

    ReplyDelete