Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seek God for Strength

Very often we become weary and tired, whether its physically, mentally, or both. When we reach these states of exhaustion we become less in tune with God because we desire what we want when we want it; however, you have to fight against being negative, completely giving up, or putting yourself before others.

When you loose self-control it is like dropping ink into water, it spreads EVERYWHERE. That ink spreads throughout the water completely consuming the clearness with darkness. When you lose self control it spreads in your mind then you act out through an unwanted action or by speaking hurtful words. When we lose control, we usually don't bounce back because that "ink" is spreading quickly! However, if you find self-control and a positive mindset you can cap the "ink" from spreading!

Seek God for guidance and ask him to help you control yourself, right when you are in a moment of frustration, anger, or temptation. The more you let God take control the less you become, and your problem becomes much smaller and looses its grip on you.

We all have to battle to be the best that we can be, and live out the lives that God expects us to live. Also, what drives me is that God is all powerful and He has the ability to pour self-control into you and give you a drive to keep you from falling short. You must always remember that you, and the amount of self control that you choose to use for yourself, will be evident to others around you.

I challenge you to live out James 1:19-21

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."

Much Love,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. I love the ink analogy! I think maybe b/c I have an English degree, I tend to think best in metaphors. ha! But I totally agree with everything in this post. And the verse from James is a great reminder. I think being out of my normal routine for a couple weeks around the holidays knocked me a little off-course in my walk. I wasn't spending time with God each day and was over-indulging in food and drinks...I just really lost my focus. And it's so easy to lose your self-control when God is not the center of your life and decisions. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! I just found your blog, and I love what you girls stand for! Definitely a new follower!

    ReplyDelete