Sunday, December 4, 2011

God IS Good.

Welcome back, friends! I hope y'all had a great weekend.. I know I sure did {even though the Dawgs lost in the SEC championship game!!} 
The MAIN reason I had such a wonderful weekend is because of an amazing event we had at our church on Sunday called United.
United is an event where we celebrate, through baptism, the spiritual birth of middle and high schoolers. It was a time for those who were ready to publicly profess that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. We had 28 students get baptized. It was an AMAZING night full of amazing stories of just how GOOD GOD IS! 

Our topic this week is goodness.. and today is all about how God IS good.
You see, as I sat down to start writing this post I prayed and I asked God to tell me what to write about. The only thing on my mind was United and these students that got baptized. To me, that is a PERFECT example of just how good God is. He is at work in all of their hearts and they just want to tell the world about God's goodness. So, instead of having a discussion today I just want y'all to watch this video of one of me and Jessica's 6th grade girls. Listen to her story and watch as she symbolically associates and identifies herself and her life with Jesus. I hope this paints a picture for you of the goodness that is Christ. 
He IS good. He will always be good. 

"You cannot have goodness without God, just as you cannot have God without goodness. God alone is good."


Be Blessed,
Jamie





1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I love that our posts are kind of similar... it doesn't take much "talk". God's goodness speaks for itself.

    ReplyDelete